The Further Mathematics Support Programme has 29 Area Coordinators across the 9 government regions, covering the whole of England. The Area Coordinators are expert in teaching and learning mathematics at this level and experienced at working with mathematics teachers.
The Area Coordinators work with schools and colleges to:
- support and promote the study of AS/A level Mathematics and Further Mathematics;
- arrange Further Mathematics tuition for students when their schools and colleges cannot provide it themselves;
- organise enrichment events for KS3, KS4 and sixth form students, often involving links with local universities;
- provide professional development opportunities;
- facilitate teacher network meetings.
Details of events taking place in your region can be found on the relevant regional page together with the contact details of your local FMSP Area Coordinator.