Professional Development for Teachers
A key aim of the Further Mathematics Support Programme is to contribute to the continuing professional development of mathematics teachers.
There is a range of training being offered by the FMSP supported by your local Area Coordinator.
- There will be courses for A level Maths and Further Maths in your area.
- In some areas the FMSP will collaborate with CPD provision offered by local Universities.
- There are a range of courses being offered through the Live Online Professional Development (LOPD) programme.
- Many teachers have found that attending FMSP revision days is an excellent way to gain an overview of an A level Mathematics or Further Mathematics module.
- For details on CPD events being held in your area, please see the list of regional pages on the right hand side of this page.
This page contains useful information and resources regarding professional development.
MEI Professional Development Courses
Mathematics in Education and Industry (MEI)run a range of Professional development courses for teachers. For information about these courses see the MEI Professional Development pages
For the latest information about The National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM) visit http://www.ncetm.org.uk/.
the NCETM website now has a professional development self evaluation tool that can help teachers assess their current position and identify suitable areas for continuing professional development. For more information go to the teacher self-evaluation tool